Close

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    IMG_20151111_182704394.jpg

If you ever get a chance to do it again this is what mine looks like. Notice that the + and - are flipped. The plug on the main board is also flipped. So if you wire the build plate as it is etched, also flip the wires on the mainboard. The positive wire goes directly to the power supply. The black wire goes to the plug. Simple and effective.

I see, that's certainly a better solution. I'm definitely going to do it again and add the connectors like you did. I did notice that the + and - are flipped, I just figured I should wire it like I found it. Thanks for pointing that out tough, I was wondering about that. Thanks again for all the help!

Back again. Now I'm getting some significant ribbing along the z axis. IMAG1885.jpg I did some research on the interweb, and all the information I found indicates it's the leadscrew. So, I followed the general suggestion of popping out the bearing that holds the top of the leadscrew it in place. I does appear to help a bit, but I'm still getting noticeable ribbing. I guess the next step would be to replace it. On the FF website they sell the whole motor and leadscrew assembly for $110. Should I just buy the motor and leadscrew assembly, or can I find just the rod someplace? Also, any chance I might need new set of rods that guide the bed? Thanks a million for the help

Super Moderator
    Can you post a pic of the insides of your printer? Based on the plug style I am guessing Creator X which came with a plastic platform and 8mm z guide rods. The Creator Pros have 10mm guide rods and a metal z stage. This is a good upgrade for the Creator X. Yes popping the bearing should have helped, but if your lead screw is really messed up it will still rub on the plastic top some and this can throw the stage off. Monoprice has better pricing and shipping for the Z axis. It is all the same stuff.

inside.jpg Here's a picture of the inside. I took a closer look, and I think the rod still touches the plastic housing at the top when the build plate moves up and down. I noticed on the FF website has a upgrade kit for the bed and the guide rods. Would upgrading the guide rods make a noticeable difference? Just to make sure, this is the part I need, right? http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12129

Super Moderator
    Yes, definitely. I wouldn't touch the Z axis lead screw until you have the upgraded z stage and guide rods.

New to the flashforge printer. I have been using a Robo3D until now.

Have a new Creator Pro and have come across two problems.

Printing in PLA. Using Simplify3D.

1. PLA sticks WAY to strong to the blue build plate. What is a better build plate to use.
    2. PLA seems to under extrude. Im using the stock Simplify3D creator pro process.

Does anyone have a good Simplify 3D process for the Creator Pro they don't mind to share. It would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rob37w View Post
    ... PLA seems to under extrude...
    Did you calibrate your extruder?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Did you calibrate your extruder?
    How do you do that on a creator pro?

I really think it's my sinplify3d settings. Does anyone have a simplify process they could send me?

Hah! If you don't know how to do it on a creator pro, then I'm sure that SF's first thought is right....

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast