Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try resetting the firmware.
    Might work - might not.
    But it can't hurt to try :-)

So Flashforge tech support got in touch and told me to replace the Y axis stepper motor cable with the spare that came with the printer. I did and it seemed to fix the issue I put it back through its paces for awhile and everything seemed to be working fine. So I started a print and again it stopped mid print well not mid it was at 2%. Only this time it did not reset like it had previously so I tried to pause the print. I went through the draining pipeline thing and moved back over to the stopped position. So I tried to UN-pause thinking ok it stopped but maybe I got lucky and it will keep going. As it started to move back into the last position the X-axis motor started to vibrate violently so much so that I turned it off because I was scared it would brake something.

I turned it back on and am able to move the x and Y axis manually without a problem but I turned back on replicator G and machine->control panel to see what was up. The X-axis will not move it just vibrates like crazy until I push stop. I know for a fact the problem I was having was when it was moving on the Y axis before. What in the freak happened to my X-axis stepper motor

Who knows maybe It was like Markwal said that when moving the Y the X wires also have to move and could cause a problem. I am just frustrated now. Anyone have any thoughts before I start dissembling my printer to figure this out?

Technician
    If the endstop light is blinking when the x motor is complaining, I'd replace the endstop cable.

If not, I'd replace the x-stepper motor cable.

Actually, I'd probably just replace both since it's a hassle to take the bottom off the printer.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like the motor might be jamed.
    Dunno if that can happen.

Turns out it was bad cables on both the X and Y axis replaced both and now it is working. Go figure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12