Close

Francis Bitonti's 3D Printed Shoe, Molecule

Francis Bitonti continues his art revolution with his uber-modern line of 3D shoes, just unveiled at the 3D Printshow held in London earlier this month. In a dynamic collaboration with Adobe, Bitonti will be using their 3D technology to design and produce Molecule, his line of 3D printed shoes. Designed for women and meant to be sold commercially, the 3D-printed shoes highlight the designer’s “disruptive manufacturing” skills and methods using digital renderings and specification. More details may be found here: http://3dprint.com/14601/bitonti-3d-printed-shoe/

Below is a picture of his 3D Printed Shoe:

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    His work is nice,I guess I'm a bit more old school, I am more impressed when people actually model things by hand rather than use mathematical computations to generate them.

Francis Bitonti, Wired 2015 Innovation Fellow, was one of nearly four dozen speakers to make a presentation at the 2015 Wired conference. In his speech, he echoes statements he has made previously, bewailing the stagnation of 3D printing and outlining what he sees as the root of its failure to blossom as expected. Rather than a cry that all hope is lost, Bitonti points out that what is needed are people who are willing to intentionally misuse the technology and make it back into a tool for creation rather than a printing point for mediocrity. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/101734/francis-bitonti-shares-ideas/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not sure I'd believe the opinions of a man who thinks this is a shoe:
    Francis-Bitonti-Adobe-3D-printed-shoes-Molecule-collection-1.jpg

He seems to have an extremely narrow point of view. Seeing 3d printing as purely for artistic purposes.