Close

Threaded View

Oooops! I didn't realize Cura has extra software built into it for this purpose... Here is what I said when I thought you were trying to do G28 and G29 as part of the normal usage of the printer:

I'm just getting ready to start doing things with a Delta printer I'm putting together. I'm a little bit behind you. If nobody else jumps in with answers, my suggestion is you bring up Pronterface just for the simple reason that is what I use. You need to be able to send it individual commands.

First... Make sure all of your endstops are working. You use the M119 command to do that. Send an M119 and see what it says as you hold each limit switch in a triggered position. It is important that you verify the machine can see when switches are triggered.

Then... I would move the effector to the middle of the Z range and verify a G28 moves it up. When the first axis gets to the top, it should 'bounce'. And then the next and the next. If that works, you should be ready to try a G29 (which is the auto bed level command.) For both the G28 and the G29, have your finger on the reset button in case anything doesn't go right!!! If you have an LCD display, it would make sense to do a G28 and then try moving down 1mm at a time and verify the X and Y axis work as expected prior to doing the G29.
    Last edited by Roxy; 10-14-2015 at 03:09 PM.