Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One other thing I found invaluable is I was getting filament that was coming out in a spiral pattern and it was driving me crazy and ruining prints. Found out it was a dirty print head. I have tried the guitar string but I hated taking apart the whole thing to use it well. So I ordered a 0.4mm drill bit from one of the printer places for like 9 bucks. Well as you can imagine it broke after 1 use because it is tiny. So I found these http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-0-4mm-Sp...4mm+drill+bits you get 10 of them for 5 bucks which is amazing and free shipping. Every time I start to see filament coming out strange I just heat up the head and carefully insert the drill bit to clean out the end and remove any large chunks of old filament that might be causing a problem. So far these have held up way better than the first one I bought I have broken one in 10 months so I still have 9 left. So they seem to be built a bit sturdier or I am more careful. Anyways I highly recommend

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Syden View Post
    One other thing I found invaluable is I was getting filament that was coming out in a spiral pattern and it was driving me crazy and ruining prints. Found out it was a dirty print head. I have tried the guitar string but I hated taking apart the whole thing to use it well. So I ordered a 0.4mm drill bit from one of the printer places for like 9 bucks. Well as you can imagine it broke after 1 use because it is tiny. So I found these http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-0-4mm-Sp...4mm+drill+bits you get 10 of them for 5 bucks which is amazing and free shipping. Every time I start to see filament coming out strange I just heat up the head and carefully insert the drill bit to clean out the end and remove any large chunks of old filament that might be causing a problem. So far these have held up way better than the first one I bought I have broken one in 10 months so I still have 9 left. So they seem to be built a bit sturdier or I am more careful. Anyways I highly recommend
    Thanks for the tip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12