Quote Originally Posted by Syden View Post
As for the lube it started for me as a loud squeak when the z axis would move up and down. So I asked a professional 3d printing friend about it and he recommended that I lube the z screw with super lube synthetic grease http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-210.../dp/B000XBH9HI
I emailed the guys as flashforge and asked them what they thought and they recommended lubing all the rods every other month or so. So I wipe down each rod so X, Y, and Z with a paper towel as they can get build up on the ends. The build up kind of looks like a black ring around usually with like hair and dust in it. So I clean all the rods with a paper towel then lightly apply grease to each rod. Be careful not to get it on your skin it's not the most friendly stuff. I use the nitrite gloves and just administer it by hand. It doesn't take a lot then I move the heads around and the platform up and down a few times to make sure it is all evenly distributed. And Clean up any spots that look like they are over done. It got rid of my squeaking which was nice and runs a bit quieter in the mean time. I just don't like it when my z axis skips steps or moves in a jerky way. When that happens I tend to get random layer gaps and other problems. Lubing every other month tends to take care of the issue.
Thanks Syden,
very helpful info!
do you take the belts off and clean the pulleys and all the other gear while you are at it?