Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
Ok so its not seperating along layer lines right? Each perimeter is seperating from the on next to it so its seperating vertically? If thats the case then your underextruding. Each perimeter isnt bonded to the one next to it because they are not touching or touching enough. Check filament dia and ext multiplier.
Yes, correct. I had the same thoughts as you, those are currently the two parameters I've been attempting to tweak. I have used calipers to measure the filament which had been measuring at around 1.70 a month ago, however it's flexible filament, so I don't know how much I can trust that reading (currently I measure 1.5mm? is that possible? Or do I need a new measuring device?)

Additionally I have been playing with the Multiplier setting with some success, although when I set the multiplier above 1.23, the printer will jam on the 6th or 7th layer (when the solid infill is finished, and the perimeter section of the vase begins). However when I turn the ext multiplier down below 1.23, the print finishes and looks perfect, except the shells/perimeter are not bonded together sufficiently

I am currently measuring 1.5mm diameter on the filament, is it possible that setting the filament diameter to that low of a setting will fix my issues? I've slowed down print speeds to less than 5mm/s and still encountering issues, so I don't think print speeds is my issue, moreover I have a feeling printing at high temperatures would be easier on the extruder, correct?

Side note - I recently upgraded my extruder teeth gears. After running more than 9000 meters of filament through each, I replaced the printer's extruder stepper gears with a fresh pair of sharp teeth, so that shouldn't be an issue (soooo much grip - it runs like a brand new printer again).