From looking at configuration.h and temperature.cpp, it would appear that the answer is yes.

Looking at the Makerfarm Configuration.h, it's sorta interesting though.

here are some comments from the file:

// Bed Temperature Control
// Select PID or bang-bang with PIDTEMPBED. If bang-bang, BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING will enable hysteresis
//
// Uncomment this to enable PID on the bed. It uses the same frequency PWM as the extruder.
// If your PID_dT above is the default, and correct for your hardware/configuration, that means 7.689Hz,
// which is fine for driving a square wave into a resistive load and does not significantly impact you FET heating.
// This also works fine on a Fotek SSR-10DA Solid State Relay into a 250W heater.
// If your configuration is significantly different than this and you don't understand the issues involved, you probably
// shouldn't use bed PID until someone else verifies your hardware works.
// If this is enabled, find your own PID constants below.
//#define PIDTEMPBED
//
//#define BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING
This suggesting that hysteresis is NOT enabled by default on the Makerfarm.

Which is weird..., cuz it sure seems to ACT like some kind of hysteresis is being accounted for..., but I guess not.

SO..., it might be worth a shot enabling "BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING" if it enables a mechanical relay friendly form of hysteresis management.

Otherwise..., PID + SSR seems to be the way to go.

Of course..., your mileage may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
Here is where I am getting confused. My current setup is a Rumba which sends a 12 volt voltage to the relay to open and close letting higher current flow through the relay. This isn't a PWM signal. Can one simply reconfigure the firmware to send the appropriate signal to a SSR via the same wiring or is a different approach required.