Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Reason for W10 upgrade - it's shiny and I like shiny, plus I do an awful lot of support type work so I do like having things to fix Simple as that really, I am an early adopter on all fronts - PC hardware, games consoles, anything technology at all really.

From investigation it does look like its Windows 10, they have made significant changes to the COM port over USB side of things in W10 can read more here - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/...indows-10.aspx - I don't pretend to know the full ins and outs of it, I may get round to submitting a trace report when I get some time to do the replication.
    May chuck something together on my Arduino boards too to see if the same occurs when streaming data back and forth.

S3D - I just find it works for me, sure its got quirks, but I don't think any software hasn't. I still find the profile options a little cumbersome even with the new settings model and was also surprised at the change of the initial purge cycle which caught me out when it smashed the print head into the bed clips that I had strategically placed based on the old version.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    From investigation it does look like its Windows 10,
    You mean you actually had doubts ?
    Wow - lol

And yeah going to the front wipe surprised me as well. It is a lot better than the corner squirt as it doesn't seem to empty the nozzle. so don't have to use a skirt any more.
    Once you get s3d working on your machine - there's nothing to touch it. And the new super strong infill is brilliant.

Technician
    Well the Windows 10 woes continue, now found I cannot program Arduino stuff either - anything over a few lines of code it times out waiting for response back and never completes , think its fairly evident that its pretty broken in some fashion

I got similar issues after I upgradet to windows 10. My Flashforge Creator Dual always stops after it printed the lower shell, if I then hit "force next" in the machine controls of S3D it will continue only to stop after approximately every other 10% of printing progress. I made the mistake to upgrade my firmware and am now unable to print from SD-Card.

Bottom line: don't upgrade things. :-D

...learning is fun, yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12