Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfast View Post
    I wonder if having ultrasonic vibrations in the water would remove surface tension issues.
    iplayfast, according to the Physics textbooks, a thin layer of water will remove the surface tension in the photo resin and produce glassy smooth prints..... but since I dont have a Peachy, I am not in a position to put the theory to the test !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    iplayfast, according to the Physics textbooks, a thin layer of water will remove the surface tension in the photo resin and produce glassy smooth prints..... but since I dont have a Peachy, I am not in a position to put the theory to the test !!!!!
    That might work. The reason I was thinking ultrasonic was other sla printers print a layer, then the object moves down and up before the next layer is printed. I was guessing that this is to insure the model is coated, and break any surface tension. Ultrasonic would keep a constant ripple at a high frequency where the average wave would be the print area.

However, I like your idea better. So much simpler!

How about if you had a speaker (audio, not ultrasonic) that would vibrate the tank between layers. So have the laser trace the pattern then turn off while the tank is shaken, wait a short time for settling (avoiding ripples) and then do the next layer?

Quote Originally Posted by android78 View Post
    How about if you had a speaker (audio, not ultrasonic) that would vibrate the tank between layers. So have the laser trace the pattern then turn off while the tank is shaken, wait a short time for settling (avoiding ripples) and then do the next layer?
    I'm not saying it's not worth trying, but I would think the sound would also shake the mirror.