Quote Originally Posted by Nerv View Post

Hugues, what do you mean you don't bother with water tight anymore? Have you found a way to import the raw scan data into another program?...
well, i gave a bit more info in my PM, i did not find a way to import the raw data in any soft that i use afterwards, only in one online reader.

I use 3Dcoat to import the stl file created by the Einscan software (http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php), they have a free fully functional demo version, pretty cool what you can do.

I would guess very few people 3dprint directly the stl file created by einscan. YOu need to clean it a bit, do some mods or other stuff. Myself i actually build/sculpt other parts around the scanned part, so i rarely 3dprint my scans. When you import a mesh into 3dcoat, you can voxelize it, and then recreate a mesh afterwards, so that's wht i meant by not caring too much about the water-tightness of the initial scan file. I think mesh were not meant to be sculpted and deformed too much, and they are not a volume, but a skin. Voxels are a volume, which you can sculpt, deform, stretch, do boolean operations on, which you cannot do with meshes.