Quote Originally Posted by CalifDan View Post
Dan,

You might need to give us some additional information. Is this PLA or ABS? What size filament are you using? If I had the print you pictured I would be looking at anything that is preventing a steady flow of filament. I indicated in another thread that I made some parts to install bearings in the filament spool. I found that the stock unit just would not consistently pull the spool with the drag induced by mounting it on a stick rather than bearings.

I don't know if you can manually adjust temperature and feed rate dynamically, but if you can on that test part, I would spend a little time to see what each adjustment (temp and flow rate) have on the results. If you have the stock extruder, I would make sure that the feed wheel is not skipping on the filament.

If you are using the 1.75 E3D make sure that you have the Teflon tube inserted inside the barrel.

I do PLA at 212. Sometimes on very small parts, or low time layers on larger parts, I have to turn the temp up to about 220 and make sure there is no retraction.
I'm using 1.75mm PLA.
I have slic3r set to a 1.35 extrusion multiplier as otherwise it comes out at 0.3125mm.
The PTFE tube is completely inside the barrel, I have checked this multiple times. I can change both temperature on the fly, I'm not sure where the feed rate settings are though. Unless its the Fr on the main screen?
And as far as I can tell, it isn't skipping on the feed wheel - it only starts skipping after it got clogged and required a cold pull (twice, like in the first post).
I'm going to try and clean out the brass nozzle today in case there is anything stuck in there. Is there any recommended methods of doing this? I saw some with a blow torch heating it up, I was going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
Shouldn't you be using Type 1?
It says type 5 on the official wiki.
http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D-v6_Assembly#Marlin

Thanks guys!