Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well if you want to print NOW. The mod-t is out. The backer models don't ship for a few months. So retial models will most likely be the middle of 2016.

Davinci - you hear good and bad. And you will have to hack the cartridges.

The ctc replicator dual clone - is the one I'd go for.
    Okay no auto level and you will need to print a couple of add on's: cooling duct is a must.
    And it is easy to enclose and add extras - big case, lots of room to add stuff :-)
    I would m,ention the dual extruders - but most of us only use one. It is useful to have two different filaments loaded at once, for easy switching. And it will use pretty much every single filament that is out there including most of the flexible ones.

And once you've got it dialled in that'll be a real workhorse. Software wise - you're probably bet using makerware, unless you buy simplify 3d - which IS worth the money and will work with every printer you get in the future - including the one you're already building.
    If you do get this one I'd ignore the replicator-g software that comes with it and just start with makerware. Links to earleir versions in the flashforge section.

I'd guess the davinci would be the easiest to enclose (small case) and because of the filament you do get a decent printer for not a lot of money.
    But you also hear a lot sob tales from owners.

Hope that helps - and you can definitely rule the mod-t out until next year :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-11-2015 at 07:13 AM.