Close

Need Help with Model/Printing Error

I'm using my friend's 3D printer for a little project, but keep encountering an error when printing, and would appreciate any insight or assistance in determining and fixing the problem.

ECigBoxPicture.jpg

This is an incomplete print, as we saw the error appear. Notice how the outer wall ends, but on the other side of the slit continues as it should.

ECigBoxModelScreenshot.jpg

As the model shows, the walls should be the same height.

I use Blender to model and export to STL. I'm not sure what slicing program or printer is being used, but can find out if that's relevant. Any help is appreciated.

Every slicer has a preview mode that allows you to see your model being built. You can spot that kind of major issues that way before starting a print.

I would suggest to get a good look at your model as it probably comes from there and then the slicing operation.

Probably not the printer or you wouldn't have such a clean fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Every slicer has a preview mode that allows you to see your model being built. You can spot that kind of major issues that way before starting a print.

I would suggest to get a good look at your model as it probably comes from there and then the slicing operation.

Probably not the printer or you wouldn't have such a clean fail.
    Merci, monsieur.

I didn't know slicers had a preview option, I'll have to take a look at the one that's being used. The only thing I can think is that there is a seam between faces there, but they are connected and facing the same direction.