Quote Originally Posted by Themoonisacheese View Post
I dont quite know how to put it into words, but basically, we have a Makerbot 2x at work, and it has several problems.
the first one seems semi-random, and is just the extruder clogging itself, but a 240°C extruding temp seems to do the trick. we have also printed all the spring loaded extruder parts in order to replace the stock one, we just need the spring.

the second one happens only when printing huge surfaces, such as a raspberry b+ case.
what happens is, the filament from a layer (usually the 2-3rd one) starts to peel off, and the extruder grabs it as it goes and it causes the case to have a hole on it (see photos).

we are printing at 240°C with the build plate heated at 120°C
printing with black abs from makershop

tl;dr: filament from a early layer peels off when printing large surfaces, and this is... bad?

EDIT: photo has been compressed, here is the full version: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...78864board.jpg

hello Themoonisacheese. I see you have some problems with your makerbot to print here I list some solutions that can help. Currently I have two makerbot 2X working safely and I'll buy a RepRap x400.

1. As I said earlier, placed extrucion speeds and displacement that brings the default printer.

2. do not replace any component unless you're 100% certain that this may cause you some discomfort.

3. Maintain the extruder temperature to 230 degrees is the optimum temperature for the filament.

4. Change the Kapton tape printer regularly to avoid a bad adhesion.

5. Do not touch with hands the plate because of natural fat from your body it affects aderencia.

6. Depending on the type of printing you should place the plate between 135 and 160 degrees. The thermocouple deface the printer has a 15 degree between the actual temperature and that senses.

7. for large prints using the Raft will help a lot.

8. Although makerbot tells you that R2X served with ABS and PLA is a lie. Only print well with ABS.

9. Make calibration plate and constantly extruders

I hope that helps you.