Close

Threaded View

So... I'm making progress! I can shrink the skull, and then cut off pieces of it that don't matter to form the 'hollow part'. But I need to learn how to close back up the big areas that I sliced through. And I need to learn how to gracefully remove things lift hanging like the eye sockets. I tried selecting pieces of the mesh and deleting them, but that is pretty painful. And if you look carefully around the eye sockets you will see where I missed and selected something behind them. When I deleted the vertices I made holes in the back of the skull!

But like I said... I'm making good progress. Blender is a very powerful program! I'm on the 4th tutorial. But the tutorials move so slow and talk about things I know I don't care about.

And I do understand what you mean by keeping track of the coordinates for things so I can position things correctly. I'm not to that point yet, but it is very clear why that is necessary.

UPDATE: Progress!!! I can close up the open holes I made and the big slice I took through it. Now I have to figure out how to remove all that stuff that is just hanging there!!!!

tmp.jpg
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-07-2015 at 12:42 PM.