Quote Originally Posted by Toasterboy View Post
Awesome. 40 degrees of deflection is great. With those angles, 10' of height (e.g. a ceiling mount) gives you 7.2' square of surface below the top of your build area, so this seems like it's already operating at a good scale for doing very large prints.

How long does the laser need to cure each layer? Say, if you are targeting 1 micron layers or so. This is important for understanding how much acceleration of the dripping actually makes sense to attempt. Does the software compensate (or need to compensate) for longer cure times at the larger outside angles ?

Oh, what is the interface for the 2-way digital communication? Is it going to be possible to signal a drip command and/or other parameters? Would be sweet to digitally control the dripping. I have also been thinking about using a used automotive fuel injector; they typically have open/close times in the neighborhood of 2ms, so an injector would provide excellent digitally controllable variable drip size and frequency, though it would also require a pump.

Thanks again for the great work on this printer project. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
If memory serves, one of the project goals was to try and print a full-sized canoe, so large prints was always something that needed to be possible.