I'm not suggesting scaling up the fill rate with small containers; only for large containers. Keep the fill rate proportional to what works in small containers. They used water drops in the design because they are consistent in volume and provided an extremely cheap , easy to sense z mechanism.

Rylan mentioned in another thread that they are working on a software modification to allow the laser to stay on continuously; right now it shuts off and pauses waiting for the z level to reach the desired level between layers. That suggests that the z-level rate is a strong limiting factor. It's also a good question what the deflection speed performance of the laser is. The videos are sped up, but they seem to show the laser moving fast enough so as to appear to be a continuous line... I would expect the surface dynamics (i.e. the interface between water, resin, and laser) to behave similarly to the small scale build reservoir; I expect you would need to account for additional travel time on the laser for curing for larger objects, but that should essentially scale linearly with the surface trace path length. It seems like the z-level rise rate is the larger limiting factor in a large container. Using a calibrated valve system for z-filling essentially makes it digital, and with digital 2-way control, it could be software controlled rather than depending on sensing the drip rate. It only makes sense with containers above some size threshold though, as it's harder to calibrate and deliver smaller water volumes approaching water drop size, making the drops a better choice for small containers.

Certainly you will use more resin on larger objects, although with hollow shells, that is still pretty economical.

Perhaps this a is a feature that the Pro could explore. I'm definitely going to play around with this concept though. If only I had the printer in hand. I missed the original Kickstarter window and ordered my Peachy through BackerKit. =)