Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Would option 4 then be ok for me to use? Are there any other properties I need to know about this thermistor other then its resistance, so that I can use one of the number options and not have to do any more programming?
You really don't have much choice but to use option 4 unless you want to incur more work. The additional work would be to find a detailed datasheet for the 10K thermistor, and use that to assess how similar the type 4 measurement table is in thermistortables.h (again assuming Marlin is being used here). Unfortunately the data isn't directly comparable. I've built spreadsheets to do this comparison; programmer types feed thermistor parameters into a python script (which I think is included in the Marlin distribution), and it builds a table for you. You'd then use that to update a table in thermisortables.h or create a new one with some new type number of your choosing. What I can say is that for the few 100K thermistors I've compared, the differences have been pretty minor - within a few degrees of measurement error. (Although I may have just been lucky in the parts I was comparing).

This isn't of total value, but I do have some insight into how the thermistortables concept works captured as part of this thread - Comparison of Type 1 and Type 6 thermistortables.h data

If no one else jumps in, I can apply the spreadsheet comparison approach for you, but it might take a day or two to get to it.