Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    Thanks Roxy...I'll look through that. FYI tho...I clicked on your link (Roxy's_Big_Gear_Extruder_With_Embedded_servo-v4.stl ) all I get is a blank page.
    There seems to be some problem uploading and accessing .STL files. Here is a picture of what I was suggesting. It isn't as good as a .STL file because you can't rotate it, but you will get the idea. You can see where the servo goes and you can see the stop on the leg that presses against the main body of the extruder.

Also, if the servo is set to "go past" the stop and the stop won't let it, wouldn't that mean that the servo would be "humming" away and over heat?
    No... For several reasons. First, you would only be going 1 or 2 degrees past the stop. Just enough to have a tiny bit of force pressing the probe against the stop. But secondly, you would probably have your servo shut off delay at 500ms or 1 second. It would not be sitting there constantly trying to go further than it has to. And, the way this probe is constructed, any time the switch gets pressed, there is a tiny force trying to rotate the probe into the stop. So it is very repeatable when doing measurements.

probe_leg.jpg

BTW, all is not lost. I have been up and printing all day! The twitching is somewhat annoying as it did not do it when I had the dual extruder on the printer. The ABL however is working perfectly. The original issue I had (at least for this post) is pretty much solved. So, if we need to close out this thread we can. Unless you want to continue here solving my twitch!

Either way, I thank you
    Let's get rid of the twitch. When you get a chance, try changing the angles slightly and see if you can find a stable position. And then see if there is anything you can easily do to have a 'stop' on the probe leg.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-28-2015 at 10:13 PM.