Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Hi Roxy...Thank you. In response to the first paragraph, I have the probe set to be straight down. The bottom surface of the probe is completely parallel to the bed. It just keeps moving back and forth , or jerking around. When I use Ponterface to extend the probe, it is parallel to the bed.

What thingy file did you use to make your pieces for the Z_Probe? I'm not sure I fully understand your suggestion of:
    Can you re-print your pieces for the Z_PROBEso the probe leg gets locked and can't rotate any further?

Also, I think I should clarify...I keep saying it is the PROBE that keeps jerking around when it is the SERVO that is causing the probe to jerk around but you probably already knew what I meant.

The G-code I have been using is almost the same as yours.The stuff you have that I don't, I don't know what it means. Do you recommendusing the code you use?

My g-code:

; 8" i3 & i3v 3mm ABS for .40mm Magma 4-5-14

G1 Z5 F50 ; lift nozzle
    G28 ; home all axes
    G29 ; auto bed leveling

Also, these are my firmware settings bbefore any changes.

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 4 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 6000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points

Thank you again.
    Bill
    Last edited by huntleybill; 05-28-2015 at 04:27 PM.