Close

UPbox 3D Printer

Greetings all.
    I have only recently joined this forum and having just taken delivery of an Upbox, I am very keen to glean information from others as well as provide some information to others with this printer. I must admit my knowledge base is pretty limited but in time should gain a little knowledge.
    So new am I that my Upbox is performing its first print, yes the bunny. I have had a few teething problems but all seems to be performing well now. Reading the Instruction Manual is a big help but as this is a new to the market printer, there is little information, (except for a few 51 second demos) available on the net.
    If we can get a forum going on this printer I think there will be benefits for us all.
    I am no spring chicken, being 62 years old and retired, but thought this new hobby would be a great interest to embark on.
    So I look forward to your questions, comments and hints on getting the best results.
    Cheers.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    http://3dprintersuperstore.com.au/products/up-box
    looks like a nice bit of kit.
    Mind you for that kind of money - it bloody better be :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-02-2015 at 06:04 AM.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I want to buy one too. I've been waiting for it for a looong time.
    I read on some forums that there are some problems with platform heating. Did you try it yet?
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Engineer
    Having used UP Plus and affinia printers, I can tell they are easy to deal with, which is nice for starter. The software, despite proprietary, is hassle-free. Though we arent sure about which slicer they use, it's pretty reliable when you look at the printing pattern.

Thanks for your replies.
    So far I have only done a few 3D prints on the Upbox, but they are all superb. Absolutely no evidence of layering - finished product looks professionally moulded.
    As far as platform heating, it is so important to give it an hour to heat, being such a large tray it heats well in the centre and slowly towards the edge. If you follow the practice of starting the heat process and then brew a decent coffee, enjoy it and top it off with a slice of toast, then commence the print process, you will end up with a fantastic print.
    Yes the unit is pricy, but you get what you pay for and this is quality all the way through.
    I think there does need to be an update in software specific for this unit, instead of the "run of the mill " Up software.
    And importantly....NEVER.. open either the lid or front door from the very start of your print until completion as the print area is really sensitive to heat changes and your print will lift from the table and the filament will go all "Bendy Like "
    Cheers.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    My Up plus did great prints until now. So even if UPBox is just as good as the other one, it's the worth the money. I said to wait before buying it to see if it's as good as I expected. Thanks for the info
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke