Close

When I build it, I will Print Bricks.

Hello all.

So I've recently bought a 3D Printer ( XYZ DaVinci) and am using Blender to create my models, which seems to work well enough. I then convert the File.Blend into a File.STL and send it over to the Printer's program, and it loads just fine. The problem arises when I set my perimeters and tell it to print; it starts to slice the model, preps it to print, and then decides to skip whatever I loaded into it and print a Brick in the same size as specified.

The DaVinci has a 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8 print bed, and the model I'm trying to print is only 3 x 4 x 1, so it's most definitely not the size. I was able to print a 1 x 1 x .5 model with cylinders and spaces, so unless I'm just doing something wrong with the model I truly don't know what is happening.

The concept of the idea is basically a wallet strapped to your wrist (Well, further down the hand so as to not be visible to pickpockets if you wear a longer sleeved shirt). The model that won't print as anything except a block is a 3 x 4 x .3 rectangle with the two sides bending further around the arm for .5, with the final .2 being slots for a velcro holder to go into to wrap around the arm. The final touch is four small ( .25 x .25 x .15) rectangles on the flat side so as I can connect the actual card holding part to it.

I'm printing it flat side down, so it's a flat surface with four small rectangles "gouged" out of it, continuing up to the Concave arm part. The only thing I can really think of is that it doesn't like printing over empty space and that freaks the machine out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you run the .stl file through netfabb to test it?

https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Have you run the .stl file through netfabb to test it?

https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/
    No, I had no idea that site existed.

Thanks

Edit: Would just like to report that after putting through there and going through the process, I printed as requested. Thanks so much
    Last edited by Demetrius; 04-25-2015 at 09:29 AM.