Close

Thread: Aw3d hdr

Aw3d hdr

I was just wondering if anybody has used the AW3D HR? This one we are currently looking at purchasing. We are a small injection molding business looking to get our first 3d printer. I have done quite of research online but have no hands on experience in 3d printing and was hoping to get some input from experienced users. We are a small injection molding business looking to get our first 3d printer. This forum seams like one of the most active on 3D printing so figured it was best to try here...

This is some of the criteria we are looking for in a 3D printer:

Prints in wide variety of materials, especially higher heat materials like polycarbonate. (Standard non proprietary filament)
    Large print area - Prefer up to 11X11
    Good accuracy - Able to hold at least +/-.010 for tolerance.
    Reliable
    Established company - American based
    Enclosure
    Budget $5000-$6,000

We would mainly like to use this printer for jigs and fixtures to hold parts to be inspected on an automated CMM and try some prototype inserts for molds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

message Sent

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cm3D View Post
    message Sent
    Really helpful for others looking for a similar solution.

NOT

haha.. I sent him a message saying that we have a printer available to purchase if they end up being interested.. haha not trying to be a jerk. all about sharing the info.

The Airwolf is a great printer. Has a good build volume and the nozzle can do 315 with the bed 140...although you probably need an enclosure to hit 140. Prints well..just kinda $$$$..