Close

newbie to the forum but have SWEET trick to get prints to stick to bed

Im new here and have only been 3d printing for a few months by i may have came up with something amazing for another cheap and easy way of getting prints to stick to the bed .Normally i use hair spray with good results but i also do drywall. I know a few of you guys use glue sticks for ABS and like filaments . In the drywall world we have a awesome product called MUDMAX . Its a additive that goes in drywall mud to improve bonding etc . Its a PVA formulation sorta white elmers glue enhanced for bonding to plastics and drywall .Its thin and instantly becomes tacky

http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/D...ax-Gallon.html

I tried this today on a ABS print and it worked like a charm like i thought it would. Very easy to clean right off the bed too. it comes in quart bottles which are around 8.00 so it would probably last years . Of course stuff like hair spray,glue sticks and abs juice also work but i think this is one more great thing to add to the list that can be used with great results.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so do you paint it on and let it dry ?

i just poured a tiny bit on the bed and move it around with my finger and its already dry and tacky. You can paint it on too or use your putty knife/part scraper