Close

Thread: Home position

Home position

Hi All, just joined the site, i can't get my machine to stop at home position I did some work on my machine replicator1 (clone). It is all back together, but running into issues setting home position. When jogging to home position, it wants to continue, making riveting sound, motors still trying to move, but carriage is the farthest it can go in the upper right corner, even though endstops are tripped. I have tried the g-code offset calibration script, along with some other things to no avail. Is there a way to set the current position as home position? I am running sailfish v 7.7 any help would be greatly appreciated. -Thanks

homing offsets 152,74,0

x tool head offest 32.9

x,y inverted

end stops inverted

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Well, make sure your end stop switch is working correctly (Have a multimeter?).

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Well, make sure your end stop switch is working correctly (Have a multimeter?).
    Yes, I have a multimeter.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Then test the switch. Check the resistance in each position.

you can also send a M119 Gcode command and get the endstop switch status.

there is also 2 ways an endstop can be wired Normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) check your firmware is set up for whichever way your endstop is wired.

another thing that may cause this is the motor going in the wrong direction if your endstop is wired to X/Y/Z minimum and your going in the other direction it wont stop.