Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Cubify Sense Scanner now supports MAC OS

This I think is great news for those of us that run have MAC OS. Cubify has announced that they are making the Sense Scanner compatible with MAC OS. It's about time that they did this, although I'm not all that thrilled with the results of this scanner. It is great for scanning large objects, which is what it is meant for.

Read more about the latest MAC OS support at 3dprintingindustry

Eddie

3D Systems has just announced the release of a free upgrade for their Sense Plus software, running on the Sense 3D scanner. Users can download the upgrade free at Cubify and should be thrilled to find a host of new features, to include three times higher speed, better motion tracking, new features in color editing, and more. http://3dprint.com/58221/3d-systems-sense-plus

I purchased a Sense scanner in April of 2014 in a bundle with Cubify Sculpt for $399, and at the same time I purchased a Flash Forge Creator X. After reading the reviews of the Sense scanner I did not have high hopes to scan anything easily, but my first scan out of the box, of a duck Easter decoration (it was there) went perfectly using a three core acer laptop. With more use I have found that it scans people and faces very well, learning the proper stance to get a scan that will not need supports is tricky. I find the only real drawback for me is the light weight, if it were a bit heaver it may be easier to keep aim. The scans are easy to work with in the scanner software, I also use Rhino to lighten the scan mesh. The scans print well scaled down on my printer as well. I have downloaded the update but have not scanned anything yet. I will update when I do.