Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
That almost sounds like you have different versions of the firmware in the two printers. Is it possible one of them isn't running the code you think it is?
I don't think so, they are both derivatives of your fw with minimal changes, I flashed the one that works good onto the other machine and it did act the same way. On bigger difference is that the machine that
acts up has a viki, but i had that turned off to without a change. I tried different boards and fw and what not and as I mentioned before, the whole thing started several month ago when I changed the z offset on the viki.
One thing that may be interesting is that sometimes depending on how I connect to the machine that works fine, it acts up to, I then do a M502 and G28/G29 and everything is good. But that same procedure doesn't help on the
the "bad" machine. It only does it when I don't let G29 erase the abl information. So let's say I home all, safe z brings the z stop sensor after touching home switch x & y to x10y10z0 now I hit print or g28, it moves to x20y20z0 without going to the home switches. If I send a M502 at this point, it will send x & y to the home switch and then back to the safe z postion and it will keep doing that until I bed level....