Close

Thread: This could work

Threaded View

Now we are getting somewhere

Ye, i totally messed up that ABC model.
    I finally understand what A_inner,external means to you. (For some strange reason i thought it was the area in the outer container outside of the inner container).

So the result is A_inner,external = A_inner,internal. Makes much more sense. Could that mean the area of the inner container can be almost as big as the outer?
    Now onto the next problem at hand. Lets make a hole!
    printersketch.jpg
    I will pull up some math on it tomorrow or during the weekend, after 36hours of not sleeping im not really up to the task now.

Edit: might actually be able to switch back the above tank, so theres no need for that long pipe

Edit2:
    Thats not enough:
    Code:
    h_sink = M_inner / (d*A_inner,external)
              = (M_inner,initial + V_inner * d) / (d*A_inner,external)
              = M_inner,initial/(d*A_inner,external) + h_inner*(A_innier,internal/A_inner,external)
    Meaning that (A_innier,internal/A_inner,external) must be 1 for it to work.
    So lets switch back to the tank above:

printersketchv2.jpg
    And lets put less salt in the water in the outer container. (d_outer < d_inner)

Code:
    h_sink = M_inner / (d_outer*A_inner,external)
              = (M_inner,initial + V_inner * d_inner) / (d_outer*A_inner,external)
              = M_inner,initial/(d_outer*A_inner,external) + h_inner*(A_innier,internal/A_inner,external)*(d_inner/d_outer)
    If the inner container is a 700mm*700mm base column with 5mm wall thickness, then A_innier,internal/A_inner,external = 1,014, so its highly likely is possible to get the right densities. (Dont know the density of resin).
    PS: im not fully statisfied with the design yet, especially the "some system to avoid waves from drops part". The long tubes are too vulnerable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by masterada; 01-24-2014 at 05:30 AM.