Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Sorry if this was answered and I didn't understand... Assuming you are wearing goggles and the printer itself is mostly uncovered as we see in the videos and things; will ambient light in a room spoil the print? Do you need to print in a darkroom or would printing out of direct sunlight be sufficient?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    Sorry if this was answered and I didn't understand... Assuming you are wearing goggles and the printer itself is mostly uncovered as we see in the videos and things; will ambient light in a room spoil the print? Do you need to print in a darkroom or would printing out of direct sunlight be sufficient?
    Given that they're filmed the printing, or at least brief clips of it in action, I don't think ambient light has any meaningful effect on the prints, at least not at the current detail/size levels. Might become relevant with very large (and thus long) and/or extreme resolution prints though.

What happens if you try printing in sunlight might be something for them to test with one of their "what happens if..." column prints, though I'm not so sure that a real test of that would be possible this time of year. I live not far (couple hours drive) from the peachy printer guys and we really don't get much UV light this time of year.