I bought a Creator X about 10 months ago and have made many successful prints. I use ABS with a nozzle temperature 230C and platter temperature 100C. Kapton tape is used on the platter and cleaned with denatured alcohol before each print. Simplify 3D software is used for processing.

I'm curious if any other users have seen the issue below.

I started having issues with the build not sticking to the platter at a specific location after about 6 months. Moving a smaller part away from that area worked fine. A larger part that had to cover that area would come loose after 10 to 20 layers and have severe shrinkage locally. The situation worsened over time. I finally replaced the platter and heater board and the issue was resolved.

After about 4 more months, the issue returned in the same location on the platter. The platter is flat and the heater board looks fine. The resistance of the two circuits measures the same. The heater board appears to remain flat and in contact with the platter.

I theorized that perhaps more thermal mass might help to spread the heat more uniformly on the platter surface from the heater board. Since I had a second aluminum platter from the replacement, I stacked it onto the platter already in the printer. The screws are long enough to accommodate both. A spacer had to be glued to the carriage for the home switch to accommodate the extra platter thickness. So far, the hot spot issue has been resolved. I am getting good adhesion to the platter and no localized shrinkage.

Has anyone else experienced a hot spot on the platter as described? Are there known issues with the heater board? Thanks.