Close

auto bed help iv3 8'

hi, i have a iv3 and i been trying to configure a newer version of Marlin for it. the default makerfarm version of marlin doent support auto bed leveling.

i try compareing the 2 side by side. but i get a few errors

Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void process_commands()': Marlin_main.cpp:2784: error: 'X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope Marlin_main.cpp:2792: error: 'Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope Marlin_main.cpp:2800: error: 'Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope

not sure whats going on. please if someone could tell me. please and thanks

My suggestion would be to check out: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin

The Marlin firmware has been going through a bug fix and clean up phase. Its not done yet, but the code base at that URL is very usable and stable. Why don't you try crossing your Configuration.h values over to that and if you have problems I'll jump in and help.

thanks ill try this one out

ok i think its code of given me problems. here is it in makerfarm

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
    // fine Enstop settings: Individual Pullups. will be ignord if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
    //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
    const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    const bool Y_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    const bool Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    //#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS

here it in the new marlin firmware

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
    // fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
    //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
    // #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
    #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
    #endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
    const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    const bool Y_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    const bool Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
    const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    //#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

not sure why it given me problems should i just cut the parts out to fit the old one?

Take the 'Official' values from the MakerFarm Configuration.h file and change those values in the new Configuration.h file. See if it compiles and builds OK. And if it does, see if the printer behaves correctly.

i did and i get this as an error
    Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void process_commands()':
    Marlin_main.cpp:2784: error: 'X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope
    Marlin_main.cpp:2792: error: 'Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope
    Marlin_main.cpp:2800: error: 'Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING' was not declared in this scope

all nice and red is you look back at what i first you can see there is 3 const bool X vs. the new one one that has 6
    the new ones being
    const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING
    const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING
    const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING

cause these are not part of the old one i have no clue what its values could be?

SERIAL_PROTOCOLLN(((READ(X_MIN_PIN)^X_MIN_ENDSTOP_ INVERTING)?MSG_ENDSTOP_HIT:MSG_ENDSTOP_OPEN));

is the main problem

you need to fix this line

Code:

to this
    Code:
    #define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS

that should remove the check for the max endstop inverting so that it will compile, and since makerfarm printers don't use max endstops, disabling them is not a big deal, and can actually prevent bugs/problems down the road.