Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Nice work ghosty..
    Speaking of the date bit....
    Parts look good to, where my machine lacks is stuff like Olafs arms, and the Pikachu .
    But I have only used PLA, I might get better results using ABS.
    But then I don't have a heated bed.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    No you'll get better results with pla. But not all pla is created equal.

I'd say my quality is in line with ghosty's. But I print at 0.3 mostly with the odd one at 0.2 if I'm after detail or a close fitting.
    But I don't do decorative models.

I'd say the quality of my prints are as good as anything I've seen online for a fff machine with a standard 0.4mm nozzle.

You can drop nozzle size, slow down print speed and get some serious detail prints. But I like speed :-)

And advantage of the flashforge is you can have one nozzle at 0.3 or 0.25 and the other at 0.4 or 0.5.
    And use whichever one suits the print.

Student
    I like that idea of have two different size nozzles.
    Most of my prints will be smaller and needing detail, but having the option of a bigger nozzle already mounted up would be great.
    What's the opinion on going with the FF machine and having rep G,or going with the micro center version. And getting another slicer?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well don't go with rep g whatever you do.
    Makerware desktop is pretty good. And simplify3d is worth buying.
    And knp do a version of slic3r and aconvertor that might work. Doesn't for me but I've got early firmware.

Student
    i am looking into simplify now.

is that where you control the temp of the nozzle and speed from?
    also the feed rate of the plastic?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by snipersfabshop View Post
    i am looking into simplify now.

is that where you control the temp of the nozzle and speed from?
    also the feed rate of the plastic?
    Speed, temps, feedrates, and about 50 other things. In simplify 3d, I generally use the creator pro single head (right). Set the extrusion rate to about .96. Then print a calibration cube to see where I am at, change infill to 100%. Speed is 60/100travel if both steppers are installed. 80/120 if the left stepper is removed.

Technician
    snipersfabshop

yeah thanks, was not expecting a date out of it, but though why not, had a mcdonalds and played some mini golf (i let her win of course), anyway back to the prints.

i found one thing very very usefull and that an additional cooling fan, cant stress enought how much this has helped. also im now printing on a glass bed (completly removed the alu) no heating required, just a quick run of PVP (bostik - blu stick) and im good to print, print, print, and print some more.

there was a trick to olaf, even with a cooling fan the nose would not work, so i said screw it and sliced him in 2 so the nose was faced up, no problem after that, when i get better at modifying models im gonna cut a hole in the base and create an led night light. as for the pika i was cutting him into about 6 parts, then i installed an xtra fan and he printed perfect (ok 99.8%) first time, i was like wtf why did i not do this sooner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12