Close

Printer Shaking/vibrating

good evening. My initial goal was to record in the corner of my 3D printer, but I noticed it shakes quite a bit. Even if put foam underneath it, that would only stop external shaking, no?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Well, if you consider there's 4+ motors turning to move various parts, and rather quickly and in various directions, shaking is to be expected.

There are many different designs on thingiverse that are vibration dampening feet for printer, your printer may have one, or you could find a design to adapt to yours.

If you mount the camera to the frame of the printer, very securely, you shouldn't get much vibration, as the camera will shake with the frame. The background would be blurred considerably, but the printer itself should be still in the picture.

If it's a severe shaking, check all your moving parts for looseness, there should be some shaking with a printer, but if it's that bad, you may have parts going bad. Firm up bearings, tighten belts, etc.

Engineer
    Attached your camera to something rigid, foam will not remove the oscillation, it will just reduce the amplitude.
    Also, try to avoid printing small infill gap, they vibrate alot since the stepper has to go and come back.