Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
Masterada, not quite sure how the fluid gets from the outer container into the inner. If it's syphonic action, how do you start the syphon? I believe your solution would work if you just retain the upper tank and drip from that. Your inner tank should have arms which touch the outer tank, to prevent relative movement of the inner tank, with respect to the outer tank.
Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
Mike, now I understand. Good point. Would need to rework that.

Masterada - I like that design, mainly because the moving parts (ie inner container moving inside the outer container) don't need a watertight seal - which means you can use proper bearings. Less likely to have friction problems than a cylinder sliding on an O-ring. As Mike has said, starting the syphon would be a bit of a challenge, but once it's going it should be fine. I think the requirement on the container size is just that the surface area of the liquid in each is the same - otherwise one rises/falls faster than the other falls/rises.
You guys make a point. I updated my sketch to solve the problem:
printersketch.jpg
Open tap1, close tap 2, suck the water in via the rubber tube, close tap1 then remove the tube so its not in the way during the print. An alternative could by using a large syringe instead of the tube, so u wont have your mouth full of salt water. If the syringe is not big enough, you can open tap, siphon, close tap, empty syringe, and repeat the process as many times as it takes (a 100ml syringe costs less than 2$ on ebay).

Mike:
If i drip from the upper tank, and leave the fluid in the outer tank unchanged, the level of the resin will rise. This can be minimalized if the space wetween the outer and the inner tank is minimal, but then the level of the water in the outer tank would rise way too fast.

Slatye:
The requirement you mentioned is only true if the thickness of the inner container is negligible. Otherwise, it messes up things a bit. (If you want the resin level to stay unchanged, the water in the outer container must rise a little as the inner container floats down).