Close

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I run at 70c bed temp and its more then enough for adhesion. Im going to try 50c to see if it helps with part removal. I have not had any separation with the Weldwood up to 90c that is the hottest ive tried.
    That is weird. I'm not getting great adhesion with mine. I wonder if we're all getting different results, or if we're all judging by different standards...

Did you sand or clean your sheet? I just peeled the liners off of both sides and started printing.

(It's going to be really funny if some of you are printing with the liners on and that's the difference.)

my liner is off... when i was first adjusting my z offset i literally had to pull a part off with pliers

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Table saw.
    Yeah, no. I don't have one, or access to one. That'd almost be worse than a dremel.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Yeah, no. I don't have one, or access to one. That'd almost be worse than a dremel.
    Or better. Worse would be a cutting torch.

Engineer
    I do have access to one of those. Thankfully it's not needed now.

Yes I removed the protective sheet and I scuffed the sheet with scotchbrite.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I must admit I don't get the adhesion I would really like. I could up the bed temp, just not overly enthused to do that. over at the SeemeCNC forum where I was led by a google search, some folks had great adhesion, others not so much, Almost all used the 3m adhesive to attach the PEI to their glass. Like others here have said having your z height really locked down is supposed to make all the difference. I am not sure I am where I really would like to be in that sense. But when I get no lifting on the corners, (drafts?) I always have to wait until it is almost cool before I can pry the piece off. So I guess I am not struggling with adhesion, so much as lifting at the corners like ABS is prone to.

it's definitely all about the Z height...

printed this all at once on the 12" nothing lifted though i did have to remove the PEI so i could flex it to remove the parts...

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Hey Sniffle, it looks like you are using a brim, what size a brim are you using?

4mm, it's left over from when i printed on glass, figured it couldnt hurt just in case

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast