Close

Problem with STL file

Hello,

I have an STL file that converts and prints fine on a CUBIFY 3D printer. But when I import the same STL file into flashforge G software and generate G code then print on flashforge PRO it hardly lays down any plastic at all. The object is a honeycomb like web a little over 1mm thick. I have disabled the raft feature. And really I have to just scrape the little bit of plastic it lays down off the bed. The shape looks correct though.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Doesn't slice properly for me in Simplify3d either, though the model shows up, when you prepare to print (slice it) it shows nothing at all and 0 build time. The resulting Gcode file is empty bar settings too.
    Oddly though the model passes all checks for manifold etc.

Bobbler,

This file actually prints some material and in the proper shape, it is just so little material I have to scrape it off. Was this your experience? On the Qube it prints out a little over 1mm thick.

Thanks

Technician
    Hi fotomatcion - no I didn't try to print it as it shows nothing for me in the preview window after slicing it and contains nothing in the resulting output Gcode - it wouldn't even print in that case.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    in Netfabb & KISSlicer it shows a height of 0.3mm