Quote Originally Posted by cverni13 View Post
Great! I will keep you all posted. Would anyone be interested in purchasing the ABS/graphene or PLA/graphene filaments that we will also be producing?
Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
- Whats the conductivity/resistance rating? (ie: 100 ohm per sq cm)
- So far the resistance has been too high in a lot of the 'conductive' filaments out there for any of my practical applications
I am in the same boat. In researching a printer, I had dug into the conductive filaments and quickly found their resistance was way too high for any serious use other than static shielding. We need signal level lines that are capable of carrying low voltages at least a reasonable distance (feet, not inches). A dream would be able to carry audio line level signals (think headsets, speakers and microphones) as well as transducers in toys or miniature figures (dioramas). You get that done and you open up 3D printing to whole new industries that are currently resigned to simply making the shells of products and still have to wire them with traditional components. And you know where this leads don't you? Printable personal electronics. You want a market, well, there is one.

Another (more domestic) example would be in a train diorama where there is a conductor at a crossing holding a lantern. We could get a pixie bulb or white led soldered in the lantern in his hand, but we need a way to get the power through his body to his feet where it could be powered from below. Perfect job for some conductive material and 3D printing. We need soldering pads in the lamp and a conductive low resistance path through his body to his feet, again with solder pads to connect wires to. Pull that off, and I bet you get a lot of friends in the model train community as well as the military diorama community

Even though the 3D printing genre has been around for a number of years, as a technology, its barely out of its crib. Speed, accuracy and material selections are rife with opportunity to someone with the skill and the background to bring something to market.

And, BTW, I wasn't kidding about the desire for a tritium laced filament in the other thread.