I am using your firmware on one machine relatively successfully, on another it acts very erratically. I attached a copy of it.
On both machines, unless I do an M502, the endstops affect the motion of other axises. i. E. if z is triggered, x thinks it's home. I can work with this by moving z up, but it is not ideal. If you hit print for example when z is triggered,
the machine thinks the current position is home of all axises and starts printing form there...not good.

On the newer machine that I am currently working on, it's a whole different deal. This machine has the stop switches x and y in the left back corner (similar to Ultimaker), meaning Ymax Xmin. Z is a proximity sensor and Zmin.
I have to mention that an earlier prototype worked good, until the day all my bed leveling issues started. So for example, when connecting the machine and running an m119, if no axis is home, it shows x max triggered. There is not
switch on x max!! If I home y the x axis stop is no longer triggered and it's all working fine. So if I run a g29 after g28 z won't come up anymore, it goes down, every time I home all. If I send a M502, all home works again.

What am I missing?

Marlin_Eight3_grid_eep.rar