Close

Question Flashprint not working on Mac

I am unable to load (or at least see that they loaded) any SDL files in Flashprint on my Mac Airbook. I suspect they load because after hours of messing with it I figured out if I hit print the slicer seems to work. The problem is i cannot see the image to see where it is and what orientation it has. Flashprint on my PC loads the same files fine. Problem is my PC is at work and the Mac is at home. Current work around is to do the slicing at work and then copy or email the .g file home and load it into the printer. Of course - that is a problem if I didn't do it right and i have to VPN into the office to make the changes. I am using the current version for both Mac an PC. Any insights would be appreciated.

Well, I didn't get a response but I did discover Simolify3D thanks to this forum. It is way more impressive than Flashprint - plus it actually works. In my opinion well worth the $149.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I spent two months, working with Flashforge to get FP to work on my iMac...I gave up in the end. I bought Simplify3D and have yet to have a problem. They (FF) told me that their Mac version was still a beta...so yeah. I have a dual boot on my iMac, so I ended up having to flip over to Win7 to do all the slicing and printing, then flip back to Mac to work with the model. Save yourself the trouble and just get Simplify3D.

Smile Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    I spent two months, working with Flashforge to get FP to work on my iMac...I gave up in the end. I bought Simplify3D and have yet to have a problem. They (FF) told me that their Mac version was still a beta...so yeah. I have a dual boot on my iMac, so I ended up having to flip over to Win7 to do all the slicing and printing, then flip back to Mac to work with the model. Save yourself the trouble and just get Simplify3D.
    I bought simplyfy3D the next day. Well worth the money.