Close

Do you have any Idea why this is happening?

Hey folks,

First time poster new to the forum. I am having an issues with my powerspec pro I cannot pin point the cause of. everything is working properly but when I do any kind of cylindrical or curvy shape in the same spot every time there is an odd noise kind of click and this happens. I was thinking it could be the belts but I cannot pin point the issue or where it is originating. I was thinking one of the belts could be stripped somewhere? I am really not sure I could take a video of it if that will help.

I hope you guys can help me and thank you in advance!

http://imgur.com/MugnnDF,yp2nIVi#0
    http://imgur.com/MugnnDF,yp2nIVi#1

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well it's standard stitching - but the worse case I've yet seen.

Most slicers change direction at the same place on a cylinder, which gives you a seam or stitch up the cylinder.
    Your's is doing that but also looks like it's doing retraction at the same time so it's missing out part of the next circle of filament.

What slicer are you using ?

simplify3d actually lets you tell it to start at a random point each time so you don't get the stitching.
    Makerware always stitches, but never seen anything like the missing bits you've got there.

So give us some info:
    machine, slicer, print settings: layer, temp, speed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well it's standard stitching - but the worse case I've yet seen.

Most slicers change direction at the same place on a cylinder, which gives you a seam or stitch up the cylinder.
    Your's is doing that but also looks like it's doing retraction at the same time so it's missing out part of the next circle of filament.

What slicer are you using ?

simplify3d actually lets you tell it to start at a random point each time so you don't get the stitching.
    Makerware always stitches, but never seen anything like the missing bits you've got there.

So give us some info:
    machine, slicer, print settings: layer, temp, speed etc.
    Thank you for the reply, it is a fairly irritating issue especially to someone whos new to 3d printers.

I'm using a powerspec pro, which is a flashforge rebrand by microcenter, replicatorg with pypy, i believe i printed this with .2mm layer height, 230c extruder, 110 hot bed, 65ms/90ms (feed/travel) or was it 75ms/100ms i cannot recall i'll check tonight when i get home for sure.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    repg - okay try makerware.
    Given that the rest of the model looks fine (ie: has no trouble extruding the plastic) - it's got to be a settings/slicer issue.

makerware is actually pretty good.
    You'll also fid it slices about 20 times faster than repg (well what doesn't).
    Your settings look fine.
    75mms is pretty much the top printing speed. Ignore anything that says you can print at 100mms. Yeah you can, but it'll look like crap and the printer will probably vibrate itself to bits during the process :-)