I bought a Mankati XT about 6 months ago and here's my experience...

Arrival... It arrived with the glass heat bed shattered (apparently from shipping) despite being very well packaged. It took a couple weeks of emails but they eventually replaced it and the heat bed that was bonded to it. I bought it from a re-seller in Colorado but I don't think they are representing them anymore as 3d printing is not their core business. I believe that if if was not for the CO re-seller I would not have received my replacement parts.

The printer appears very well made, with exception to the hot ends. They are awful and have caused me nothing but trouble. It's hard to tell what's exactly happening but it seems like they are not getting hot enough for enough material to flow properly. I gave up trying to print with it months ago and went back to using my smaller home built printer. I bought some e3d v6 hot ends and plan to be swapping them out this weekend. From what I have read, I believe that once I replace the hot ends this should be a reliable printer. Initially it printed beautifully but after just a few prints, things went south fast.

The reason I bought the Mankati is that it appeared to be well made with good components, large enclosed print volume and dual material capable. On my list of wants, printing with support material is a priority. Unfortunately the hot ends appear to be a fatal flaw. Despite my troubles, I am glad to have it and think it will be a great printer once fixed. Time will tell though...

About me...

Product designer with 20 years of experience
~18 years using Pro/Engineer CAD
~2 years experience running a CNC router prototype business
~10 years experience with a Stratasys Vantage SE printer (fantastic printer)
~ 1 year with 2 Makerbots (did not like at all)
~ 2 years with home built 3d printer (very reliable but with flaws)
~ 6 mo with Mankati XT
current 3d printers - Mankati XT & home built printer