Close

Threaded View

Thank you guys so much for replying!

@King_Alistair Ok so checked out the dust sticking part and did some research and apparently one trick is to use a mini droplet of a high temp oil ie; canola oil, will lube the extruder. I dipped the end of my black makerbot PLA, in soybean oil and so far not another incident has arisen! except for one weir reoccurring issue but i think that may be due to a instability in the build plate. I do level the plate every time. and yeah I do attempt to be there for the whole thing including cold pause when i go to work. I did make the mistake of leaving it overnight being overconfident in the printing working out... but that mistake will not be again.

@GOC So, I am using "official" makerbot PLA calibrates as so, but my next roll is inventables so I gotta check that one and calibrate. This is one of the original rolls.
    and yes i think the problem was a blockage due to sticking filament and the more it stuck the more blocked it got.

Ok, so one more issues that I mentioned. I've always had that issue and even though I got the extruder (i think) fixed.
    so when extruding flat surfaces it sometimes forms these hills or wrinkles. whats up with this? it randomly forms but usually at the ends of the build plate.
    I think its cause the plate can wobble if pressed on. not sure though ideas?

Thanks again so much for the replys'!
    Attached Images Attached Images