Thanks!

I am using ABS for now as that is what I had used on the Afinia. The Afinia, by the way, needed no tinkering. We took it out of the box, made sure the bed was level and printed. They outline a procedure where you move the nozzle to a paper width away from the bed and set that as the nozzle height. My assumption is that is a Z-offset value? I will attach a pic of a Afinia printed part and a mother part I attempted to print on my Makerfarm. You can see a very noticeable difference int he top layer. Both printed with ABS.

For my surface, I am using glass from the hardware store and i spray it with the same hair spray Collin used in his vids.

I regret buying the Rumba as I thought it would be an upgrade but it appears that since very few people use it I am at a disadvantage.

As for the LCD movement, Collin told me not to use that as it can get the Z axis out of sync. I just can't figure out why it homes to a different z position when I hit autohome? SHouldn't it always stop when the endstop is activated?

My big thing is where can I get some pronterface help? Most of the time people are making suggestions they tell me to move something using pronterface, completely ignoring the fact that i cannot get it to work! I guess I shouldn't cram so much into one thread.