Thank you for your return iDig !

I've found the document on the CO2 cars very interesting as it gathers many subjects and not just 3D printing.

As you said time was a constraint for the workshop - so I built up a 1h30min' workshop with a clear objective : to design and print a Minecraft figurine.

I used 3dSlash software, a free CAD tool that uses cubes of different sizes to introduce 3D modeling and make them design the figurines.

I have tested this case last week with 11 kids (9 girls) and it was a fair success.Kids really had fun and liked it. Without 3d printer I pre-printed the figurines and let them customize them with pens. I also showed a video of a printer running to show them what it was, which they understood fairly well.

For those interested I have made a document with 3dSlash which explains what we did and which provides the files we used in the workshop. You can find it here on slideshare.

Feel free to give feedback on this if you test it. Also if you have any other good ideas of cases and tools for kids, please let me know.

JM