I hear you Slayte. Options abound with SLA printers, whereas these options do not exist with FDM.

Overall, the power consumption is low enough to make me want to invest in a fleet of these printers driven by HP thin clients or ARM boards with sound (either/ or, depending). As was said, printing 1L of resin uses 1kWh of electricity, here at the moment, on peak is around the 50c/ kWh mark, off peak is around 20c/ kWh mark. However, these printers, due to them not having heating elements, lend themselves well to energy storage solutions (something I'll be investigating at university).

What I'm really curious to know, right this instant, is the minimum resolution of the printer, as per the shot on the update on KickStarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...c/posts/682243). I initially thought the left hand print was done on a FDM printer, rather than a Peachy. That is a marked improvement in quality! Wow! We must be approaching a level of near 0.02mm now, right?

I had investigated using motor driven mechanical irises for a SLA based printer, to get the resolution down. Obviously, these improvements have been done in software, as hardware doesn't seem to have changed drastically - or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Anyway, I'll tend this to the community... and take this off-topic, but in a way it is, imagine getting those resolution prints with something that consumes over 150W of power constantly...