Ok i wont look bother with trying to calibrate it. thanks for the thread link...What do you mean by multiplier being .88? is this the extrusion multiplier? how did you settle on .88 for this particular print?
i cant find any coasting settings with slic3r. running at 220-210 seems to help alot. thanks for the information about the new hotend being 20c lower than measured!

thanks dale for the input. yeah this part is 100% made of arcs. i havent bothered to try the g2/g3 because i thought it was not supported. my m2 is only a month old now so if yours is good then mine should be i guess. ill try it out. the blob i am getting is at the beginning of each line. i have worked on it tonight. tried the bottom 3/8" of that part about 10 times with different settings just tweaking and fine tuning each time. i basically nailed it on this last one. i was randomizing the start points which scattered those blobs all over the place. with all my experimenting to make that start point nice and clean i have found my retraction to be set at 1 but the coast really helps the most and is set at 2.8 which i guess is kinda high but i am watching the line go down and its not running short at the end at all so i guess thats fine. multiplier .88, temp 220, makergear black abs. i turned the random start point off so now my print this time is super clean, almost flawless. all i have is a real super small line where it starts each layer. as a matter of fact, its printing right now and this is the cleanest print i have ever done of anything to date. here is a pic so far.

now that you mentioned it i think i want to try that torture test out and see what happens with it. i forgot all about that thing.