Close

M5 washer help....

OK I have started to assemble my i3v 12". I am going through the X Motor and X Idler videos and see that I need some M5 washers.

The only thing that I have in my kit that might work as a m5 washer is almost rectangular and threaded. It is also thicker than a normal washer and sticks out on one end.
    I'm not sure what those are called, but I got 25 of them in my kit. they are the closest thing to a M5 washer. Do you think I should try to use those or go and buy me some washers at HD?

I can post a picture if this doesn't make any sense?

I don't want to install all of those if I am going to have to backtrack and do it again.

Thanks a ton for any help!

Cameron

Engineer
    The rectangular threaded things are used to attach your rails to the frame, and other stuff to the rails. They aren't washers. If you didn't get any real m5 washers in your kit, contact Colin and let him know, he'll send some out to you. You may have to photograph everything that was in your kit, though. I did, when I was missing some hardware.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    m5 washers are in the bins at lowes or home depot as well if you don't want to wait. or any ace/independent hardware will have that. Lowes and HD do not have much of anything below m4 though.

Perfect. Off to HD I go!
    Thanks guys!!!!!

Rats. HD and Lowes are closed for the night. I suppose I start again tomorrow morning.