Close

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    I'm at my wits' end. I keep running into problems with the corners curling on my prints.

I'm running a FlashForge Creator dual extruder (wooden frame). I'm printing in ABS with kapton tape and a ton of Aquanet.

I've tried the following things already:
    Levelled the bed
    replaced the kapton tape
    tested at speed settings (40/70, 65/90)
    tested with various heatbed temperatures
    75C -> pretty bad lift
    80C -> slightly less lift
    85C -> about the same as 80C
    90C -> only right side lifts
    95C -> slightly worse than 90C, left and right side lifts
    100C -> left and right sides lift
    110C -> Good way to make a bowl

I've played around with the extruder temps as well. At 230C, the raft is pretty much fused to the bottom of the print, and there are some melty bumpy textured portions of the print. At 220C, the raft releases fairly cleanly with a little work and decent layer adhesion. At 210C I see a lot more lift from the print bed and get the occasional poor layer adhesion. In all cases it starts out looking great, but at some point between 11% and 26% complete, the corners lift and curl upwards.

I've tried using MakerWare and ReplicatorG with similar results, although MakerWare's rafts seem better and the slicer is MUCH faster for my model.

I'm trying to print a quadcopter arm. It is basically two boxes 1.5" wide by 1.5" high by 0.25" deep that are connected by a solid 5.5" cruciform span (a 5.5" X sandwiched between two plates). I've tried two different spools (both black) of ABS from two different vendors with similar results. I've tried insulating the printer (aluminum foil wrapped around cardboard and taped over the open sides, covered whole unit with blanket), and the results are similar.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to try next?

edit: Added 1" square "mouse ears" to the corners. Helped hold down one side. Added bigger ears to the other side, trying again. Will update with a status.

edit 2: tested twice with large "mouse ears". Still failed. Going to run one of the test prints that came with the printer to see if that is having problems too.
    Last edited by caseless; 01-23-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Is the printer fully enclosed? If not try that.

Engineer-in-Training
    Or try PET which does not curl.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Cables usually. They aren't flex rated and can break easily.
    You were right! Disconnented it and tested with a multimeter, shaking the cable made the connection disappear. Borrowed the cable from the second extruder, and all works well.
    Thank you very much for your help! :-)

As you can see, my ends are pulling up. The raft sticks fine. ABS. Leveled right before printing. Print bed is at 110 deg, using Kapton only. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

In addition, I would have liked to have printed this in the other direction, but I have problems manipulating the drawing in Replicator. It's just all over the place using the mouse. Most of my larger builds pull up like this.

This parts box pulled uo as well.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    Hi. I have a small problem. Just bought a Flashforge Creator Pro and I didn't open it well and it's gone crazy. )

I am trying to calibrate it, but when I run the software from the SD card, the nozzles move to the back, into the corner and start to bump into that corner repeatedly and make a horrible noise.

Any ideas how to fix this?
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

sounds like a broken or loose wire on the limit switch back there...

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    but when the switch is activated a green button lights up...
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast