Close

Thread: Show your MODS

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Z-ROD SUPPORT BRACKET
    I've published an improved support bracket for use at the top of the i3v frames to Thingiverse - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:636381. There's been another bracket out there, but I found ways to improve various aspects of it. Predefined STL files with and without a bearing recess are provided, along with the openSCAD source that allows the entire bracket to be customized.

The same bracket would be installed on both sides; I don't offer one that includes mounting provisions for the MakerFarm spool mount.

These won't improve print quality. In fact, if they're installed with pre-exisiting bent threaded rods, print quality might actually suffer since any bend may force the X carriage to wobble around a bit as the bent threaded rod is rotated. The brackets are intended to help prevent straight threaded rods from getting bent. In my case, I've been on borrowed time before our grand daughter grabbed one of the rods and bent it over.

Last edited by printbus; 05-29-2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: migrated to offsite image storage due to 3DPrintBoard issues